Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Projects in the Works


It's a super hot day up here. I think we reached 95 degrees. This is only day one of a heat wave. I did go out this morning but stayed inside all afternoon enjoying my air conditioning. I managed to finish the owl ornament. I even used bugle beads to embellish the wintry scene. I love how the snowflakes look so lacy!


I now have 2 rows made for Oopsie Daisy. I was going to sew them together today but I just didn't feel like it. I figured I'd get hot so I'm hoping to sew them together tomorrow. Maybe!



 I cut the last 4 blocks for Alaska. These last blocks will be the corners in the border. I used Edyta Sitar's photo to figure out what to cut. I'm hoping the fabrics are set up correctly to continue the border around each corner. I have plenty of fabric left if I've made an error but I hope I didn't!

It's time to think about dinner but I'm not very hungry. I guess that's one good thing about the heat. Maybe I'll lose some weight!!

6 comments:

  1. I know--when it's hot like this I am not that hungry either!!
    Your little owl is adorable--and Oopsie daisy is darling...
    Stay cool..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm staying inside today. Thank goodness for air conditioning. It's a necessity in this weather.

      Delete
  2. Your owl ornament is super cute. I love that you added beads to it. They really look like berries. Your Oopsie Daisy is growing and looking great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! Those ornament are addicting. I'm on my third one. I'm so glad I can stay home today. It's so hot outside and the air is so thick. Indoors is much better!

      Delete
  3. Wow, such lovely projects in the works, Rosemary. Beautiful stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! I love working on my projects!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #252

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up to more blogs. My husband has decorated the...