Thursday, June 27, 2024

I Like Thursday #240

It's time for I Like Thursday! A bunch of bloggers post happy and fun content every Thursday. Please visit LeeAnna to link up to more blogs. I finished my third cross stitch ornament. The background is actually a sky blue although it looks grayish in the photo. I love the red and white border. It frames the ornament so nicely. This ornament has lots of details. The chimneys have smoke coming out. There's a few flakes of snow falling. Some of the windows have garlands with red and white balls (French knots) as decorations. This one was rated easy but I felt it was a little more difficult. 

My borders are done for Alaska! I love how it looks. I still have one more border but it's just a plain one using the background fabric. This quilt wasn't easy for me so I'm really glad to see the results. I really love it! It should measure approximately 90" square when complete.


I recommend this book for any avid sewist! Scarlet is an aspiring designer and seamstress trying to make a career of her passion. The book even explains how to make duct tape dress form. It's a fun read with some information thrown in for good measure. 

Our prompt this week asks how our schedule changes once it's summer. I feel I cook less because I'm just not as hungry. Also, my husband likes to cook on the grill so he takes over cooking a little bit. Being retired and having no grandchildren, I go to bed and get up around the same time. I probably eat lighter which includes more salad and fruits. I feel the summer flies by so fast but winter tends to linger. I try to go outside more so I can enjoy the fresh air.

Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty little cross stitch. I love Alaska. You've done such nice work with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to check out your book. Gosh I'd love summer to fly by
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're feeling better. The book is so fun, you'll love it!

      Delete
  3. Your Alaska quilt turned out gorgeous! I was surprised at how large it actually is in real life. My sister is a big fan of Laundry Basket Quilts too. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #240

It's time for I Like Thursday! A bunch of bloggers post happy and fun content every Thursday. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more ...