Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Alaska Completed!!


Alaska is done! I added the final borders yesterday. It measures 90" square. I'm thrilled with this finish! I'm happy to have added that pieced border so I can use it on my bed. It will take me awhile to figure out how to quilt it and get the backing and batting. I was thinking of getting wool batting so the quilting shows up more. I'll have to decide for sure once I do a little research into batting. 

Say a little prayer for my cat, Lily. I have to bring her to the vet. I suspect she may have a UTI. I think she'll be fine once she's on antibiotics, if she ends up needing them. I hate that animals get old so fast.

 

6 comments:

  1. Oh poor Lily-- not fun--yes, it is sad that animals have such a short lifespan...good luck....
    Your quilt is so beautiful--what a lovely job you did on making this!!
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! Lily is on antibiotics for a UTI. I'm hoping it works quickly. Also, waiting for her blood work results. She seems okay.

      Delete
  2. Your quilt is so gorgeous! I love it! But I don't love that Lily isn't well. Wishing her meowy hugs and get well wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele! Lily has a UTI as well as some weight loss. I'm hoping the antibiotic works quickly! She seems okay but tired!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, Alaska is stunning, Rosemary. I'm sure you are excited to have it on your bed. Prayers for Lily, hope she gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeanna! I'm so happy to see the top is done! Lily has a UTI and has lost some weight. She had blood work and got a long acting injectable antibiotic. I hope she'll be okay.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #241

Happy 4th of July!!🎆It's a beautiful day here in Massachusetts. The sun is shining and it's warming up. Our cookout will be on the ...