Thursday, July 18, 2024

I Like Thursday #243


Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna to link up to blogs taking part in posting happy content once a week. We went out to dinner last weekend and I got a Summer Sangria. It was delicious! It was light with blueberries added to it. It really did remind me of summer!!



I don't know if any of you watched Stanley Tucci on CNN a few years ago where he would sample Italian food in the different regions of Italy. I found a recipe for his favorite pasta, Spaghetti alla Nerano. You can find the recipe here. There are a few things I would change for next time. I heard it's better if you make the zucchini the night before. I used provolone cheese but I might change it to romano or parmesan. Other than that, it's a great recipe and doesn't take long to make. 


Our vegetable garden is doing great! Our tomatoes are growing like crazy. There are lots of cucumbers as well. We're still waiting on the eggplant.


I've been to a ton of out door concerts when I was in college. They were such a long time ago. I just remember thinking how fun it was being outside with so many people listening to some great music. However, we're going to see Def Leppard, Journey and Heart next month at Fenway Park. I can't wait! I'll tell you all about it after the show. It's to commemorate our 40th anniversary. My kids and their partners will be with us. I can't wait!!

Stay cool and have a great weekend!


7 comments:

  1. Lots of likes today, Rosemary. That drink sounds and looks refreshing. Thanks for sharing the new pasta recipe. We just tried a new one ourselves. I hope your garden continues to do well. I look forward to seeing what you do with the harvest. Happy (upcoming?) 40th!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! My anniversary was this past May but I wanted to do something a little different this year. I hope we have a good time at the concert. I hope the weather is good!

      Delete
  2. I follow Stanley and his cooking on Instagram and there is a documentary he did that I intend to watch. We both love pasta in any form. With good bread and a lovely refreshing drink, the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved his series on CNN. The pasta I made is good but I'm hoping to make the zucchini the night before the next time I try the recipe. It does make a great meal!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Just in time for zucchini season! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend just gave me a zucchini. I am going to have to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #250

It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and fun content once a week. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more ...