Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Oopsie Daisy Top


 It's hot and miserable but I did manage to sew all the blocks together for Oopsie Daisy. Our air conditioning is working but I still get hot. As I was piecing this quilt, just a portion of the quilt top laying on me made me hot. I'm hoping this heat gives us a break soon! Anyways, this quilt measures 81.5" square. I still have to figure out what to for borders.


This is the fabric I ordered for the backing. I liked that it's daisies which is the name of the quilt! I thought it would be a great choice! I'll be quilting a pantograph on this one. I have a few new ones I'd like to try. 

I'm just hoping it cools off soon! I'm sick of this heat! (Remind me that I said this in January!)


8 comments:

  1. Really cute an apropos fabric for the backing of your lovely quilt!!
    This heat is just awful--our feels like today was over 100...I can't recall
    any other July this hot...hoping for a cool down soon...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm staying in where it's nice and cool! I really don't think it's healthy to be outside. It's so oppressive!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on having the top all sewn up, especially given the hot weather you're having. The daisy fabric is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've become so lazy in this weather. I really had to push myself to finish this up!

      Delete
  3. Oopsie Daisy is beautiful! I love the backing fabric you selected. You are right, it is perfect for it. Hope you get a break in the heat soon. It is hot hear as well, but nothing like we had in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanna! It's supposed to cool down today. The humidity is supposed to decrease to comfortable levels. We need that!!

      Delete
  4. I like the block effect. Nice quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I just need to figure out the borders now. Getting there!!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #250

It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and fun content once a week. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more ...