Monday, July 29, 2024

Two Project Updates

My table runner is finished! It didn't take long to quilt. I'm used to large quilts so it was a pleasure to quilt something smaller and quicker. I used straight lines and arcs in the squares. I quilted a similar pattern in the black stars. These stars are similar to sawtooth stars but there is more fabric where the flying geese are sewn next to the black square. I think they're supposed to be a little more whimsical than sawtooth stars. I think you can see more detail if you click on the picture.


My cross stitch came out a little larger than expected. I added some rick rack and borders so now it measures 9" square. I think it's a little too large to be an ornament. I plan on quilting the border and making it into a little wall hanging. I made this for my future daughter-in-law who loves anything Halloween. She can use this as part of her decorations for her favorite holiday. I think it's so cute! I hope she loves it too!

4 comments:

  1. Just such a cute stitchery finish for your DIL to be!! I am sure she will just love it!! The dark stars are so compelling on your little runner...nice work. hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So nice to hear you like both projects! They were lots of fun to make!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the table runner, it is pretty. The cross stitch will be extra special with a quilted border. I love the fabric you stitched it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! These 2 projects were so fun! Smaller projects are so satisfying.

      Delete

Baby Quilt

I just finished the quilting on this baby quilt. It was such a pleasure to quilt this. It was mostly free motion quilting loops with a littl...