Thursday, July 11, 2024

I Like Thursday #242

It's time for Thursday likes! Please visit LeeAnna to link up to more bloggers posting likes for the week. It's so hot and humid but our yard looks great! My husband put out the bird bath and the ceramic garden cat. That's a great spot for a cat - right in front of the bird bath! It probably make my cats jealous. By the way, Lily is doing much better. I have to take her to the vet next week for a urinalysis but I can see a huge improvement. I hope her infection is all cleared up.


I've been working on the Halloween ornament for my future daughter in law. I chose this little baby possum witch on the left. I thought it was so cute! I changed up the colors a little bit but the picture on the right shows my progress so far. That broom took forever to stitch. There are 4 different browns in it and they all looked alike! The swirls were much easier and quicker!


My husband made this lemon pie in his cast iron skillet. It was so good! He got a new skillet with a cookbook for Christmas so he decided to try out this recipe. I hope he continues to try out those recipes! I hate to cook in the summer. It's so hot and I'm never as hungry. (Not necessarily a bad thing!)
 


Our prompt this week is what is your favorite summertime drink. I drink lots of ice water in the summer. It's easy since we have ice and water available in the refrigerator door. However, I do enjoy iced coffee in the summer. I don't drink it too late in the day but I just love it! I also like iced tea occasionally but coffee is my favorite!

Have a great weekend and stay cool!!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! - that ceramic cat there is a hoot. That's a cute cross stitch. Lemon pie looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Putting the ceramic cat in front of the bird bath is hilarious! You've selecte a cute ornament for you DIL. So many color changes slow me down. I've never heard of a pie in cast iron...but why not?!? It looks delish. I love iced Chai latte in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I like the shading from many color changes but it's so slow to stitch! Iced Chai Latte sounds so good. I should try it! The cookbook has so many recipes that you can make in a cast iron. It's easy to throw the whole thing in the oven. I like easy!!

      Delete
  3. I have a ceramic pig in the garden I brought down from the farm...it was first wife's and I thought it should come with us. I love these things. How wonderful that your hubby enjoys cooking...definitely something to encourage! That pie looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that he enjoys cooking. I just wish he would cook dinner more! It feels like such a chore to me. I love seeing these little ceramic animals in our gardens. They're so cute!

      Delete
  4. I just love anything lemony and that pie looks awesome! Your cross stitch is adorable and I'm sure she will love it! I love iced coffee too!! But my favorite thing is putting that cat statue by the bird bath, made me laugh! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michele! I'm glad you had a good laugh! Stay cool!!

      Delete
  5. Oh, that pie looks good! Lemon is a favourite around here.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #250

It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and fun content once a week. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more ...