Thursday, July 4, 2024

I Like Thursday #241


Happy 4th of July!!🎆It's a beautiful day here in Massachusetts. The sun is shining and it's warming up. Our cookout will be on the small side today. My kids are off with their significant others. My mom will come later. We'll still be cooking on the grill. My husband is making crabcakes. I can't wait to eat!


Our beautiful hydrangeas are starting to bloom! The blue is just gorgeous. I look forward to seeing them every year. 


My daughter got me a cross stitch kit this past Christmas. It makes a gingerbread house Christmas ornament. This is the first section. I've never worked with metallic thread and I didn't enjoy it! It came out fine but shredded so easily! 


This is Lily at the vet's office yesterday. She thought if she stayed in the back of the carrier, the vet wouldn't find her! Lily has a nasty UTI and lost some weight. She got an IV antibiotic that will treat her for 14 days so I don't need to give her oral meds. Let's hope it works! They couldn't culture her urine since the sample wasn't big enough. They did find bacteria but not sure which one. I hope she's better soon.

Have a great holiday! Please visit LeeAnna to link up to more bloggers taking part in I Like Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. Crab cakes sound good. I hope you had a good day! And I hope Lily feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our dinner was really good! The crab cakes came out great. It was a quiet day overall. I think Lily is getting better but has to have another urinalysis to make sure the antibiotic worked.

      Delete
  2. Poor Lily! My Gracie had a UTI and I know she was terribly uncomfortable with it. Here's to a successful IV! When we lived in Maryland we sure enjoyed crab cakes. I'm envious of your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susie! I think Lily is improving but she's not back to normal yet. The crab cakes were delicious!

      Delete
  3. I hope Lily is feeling better soon. Hydrangeas are not easy to grow in our zone. My sister grew some though. We did nothing special for the 4 th, but a great granddaughter’s birthday celebration is Sunday. We’ll party then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had our hydrangeas for over 20 years. They must like that spot. I bet you'll have a great time Sunday at the birthday party. We didn't go to the fireworks. I think we ate too much!!

      Delete
  4. Your Alaska is stunning, Rosemary!
    My Hydrangeas are starting to bloom as well. The blues are stunning.
    Crab cakes sound delicious. I hate working with metallic thread as they call it. It is impossible to manage but does give a nice look. Very cute design. And poor Lily, I have read cats are prone to that issue. I'm sure the antibiotics will help her feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn. The hydrangeas are always so nice to see every summer. We had a great meal for the 4th. My mom came and ate with us. It was a very quiet holiday but still nice. Lily seems to be improving. She has to go back to the vet for a follow up.

      Delete
  5. Crab cakes sound delish! Hope you had a nice Independence Day, Rosemary. My hydrangeas are just beginning to bloom. I don't have the beautiful blue ones that you have. Those are one of my favorites! I changed my needle when I used metallic thread. I used one with a bigger eye...can't remember which one though. Your ornament is so cute. I hope Lily feels much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I never even thought of a different sized needle. Duh!! I'll have to remember for next time. Lily is doing so much better. She's slowly but surely getting back to normal.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #241

Happy 4th of July!!🎆It's a beautiful day here in Massachusetts. The sun is shining and it's warming up. Our cookout will be on the ...