Thursday, July 25, 2024

I Like Thursday #244


 It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and fun content every week. Please visit LeeAnna to link up to other blogs. Well, I finished a few large quilt projects lately so of course, I started a new project! This is just a table runner using a charm pack. The fabrics are all cat related! The pattern is by Doug Leko from his first Tabletastic book. The final measurement will be 4" X 48". I wanted something new for my kitchen table. It's already on my longarm and partially quilted. I'll have it finished in no time!


This is our first batch of refrigerator pickles using our own cucumbers from our garden. They're so good! I look forward to these every year.  These go fast so I hope we have enough for another batch.


My husband had a big birthday last month so I just had to make him this cake! He wasn't too happy with the big 70 displayed on the cake. I told him it's just a number. We all enjoyed eating the cake! The cake, and the number, disappeared quickly!


I used to love going on road trips. I enjoyed them when I was young but also after having my kids. My mom and dad always loved going to the White Mountains in New Hampshire. We would drive on the Kancamagus Highway which was quite scenic. When I had my family, we would go to Maine a lot. There are some nice areas with small shops that we liked to visit. We mostly did day trips but we did also stay in Maine for a week years ago. We drove to Acadia National Park and stayed there for awhile.
It was so fun!


5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Hubby! The cake looks delish, as do those pickles. Love the fabrics in your tablerunner, too! I'd love to visit Acadia National Park...maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanna! Acadia National Park is so far even from me! I'm at the Massachusetts-New Hampshire border. It's very nice and worth the trip. Just far!

      Delete
  2. We've had very few cucumbers this year, so I'm jealous of your pickles. I love the big 70 on the cake. I bet it was delicious. I've been to Acadia twice - it's beautiful. (but I agree with you - it's a LONG trip to get there)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I've been to Acadia once and not sure I'll go back. I would love to go but not sure I want to get through that ride!

      Delete

Spider Web Quilting

This is my finished Halloween Door Hanger. It measures about 18" X 22". I really wasn't sure how to quilt this piece. I wasn&#...