Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Borders On!


 Oopsie Daisy is done! The borders are on! The first border measure 2" and the second border measures 4".  The quilt now measures 93" square. This quilt had a lot of seams to match up. It was a slow process to sew together but it's done! It's made up of 81 squares that measure 9" square. This quilt top is made up completely of fabrics I found in my stash. It's a true scrap quilt!

I also finished stitching this cute little cross stitch Halloween ornament. I think it's a baby possum who's an apprentice witch. My future daughter-in-law will love it. I still have to finish it. I might sew some Halloween fabric around it as a border. I still have to figure that out. I just think it's so cute! This is from the Just Cross Stitch Halloween issue. There are so many great ornaments to choose from!

It's hot and humid again. It's cloudy and may rain. This is a great day to stay inside and sew!!

4 comments:

  1. I really like those two border colors --they pull those colors nicely from the body of this lovely quilt. Nice work, Rosemary;)))
    What a cute Halloween ornament--do you have a little tree to hang those on for Halloween? Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm so glad it's done! My son and fiancée have Halloween stuff up all year. I think they'll just put it up somewhere in their house. I thought she'd get a kick out of that little possum!

      Delete
  2. Oopsie Daisy turned out great! Congratulations on making such a pretty quilt using only scraps. That is an accomplishment, for sure. The little possum is so cute. I can't wait to see how you finish the ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! It's always a great feeling to finish up a project!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #250

It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and fun content once a week. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up to more ...