Thursday, August 1, 2024

I Like Thursday #245


I'm so late for I Like Thursday! I went out this morning and got back later than expected.  It's so darn hot that I just sat around trying to cool off. I did manage to get up and get this pin cushion top done. I used the leftover triangles from the recent table runner I just made. I didn't measure it but it looks like it's about 4.25" square. I used a pattern from the book Pin Pals. I'll layer this top with batting and machine quilt them together. I'll layer the backing with batting as well and put them all together. So nice to make a quick project!

We made lemon squares last night. Once the sun went down, I didn't mind putting on the oven. They taste better than they look!


The backing is all ironed and loaded onto the longarm. I have to repeat the process with the quilt top. I just couldn't iron this afternoon. It's way too hot! Even though the air conditioning is working fine, I tend to get hot very quickly. I suppose these are the dog days of summer when it's okay to rest due to all that heat and humidity.


Our prompt this week is what we like to watch during the summer Olympics. I have never been athletic my entire life. Sports were never a priority for girls when I was growing up. I do like walking, and occasionally running, as an adult. I never entertained the idea of playing any sort of sport. I always wanted to take dance classes as a child but my parents had no idea what that was. I did take ballet as an adult when I was in college and loved it! I tend to watch gymnastics the most although I do like to watch swimming as well. My daughter was on the swim and tennis teams in high school so I enjoy watching them.

Please visit LeeAnna to link up to more blogs taking part in I Like Thursday. Stay cool!!!

7 comments:

  1. Those lemon bars look delicious. How long does it take to load up a longarm?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lemon squares were good! The larger the quilt, the longer it takes to load onto the longarm. I partially float the quilt top so I only pin one side of the top. I pin both the top and bottom of the backing. This quilt is about 93" square so it's not fast! I usually do it over a couple of days.

      Delete
  2. That little pin cushion is going to adorable. It was smart of you to use recent scraps...save them from the trash or just going into a bin. Lemon squares sound delish. I enjoy lemon anything during the summer. I look forward to seeing the quilting process begin. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I did manage to iron the quilt top this morning. I'll try to pin it to the longarm later. It's so hot and humid already!

      Delete
  3. It has definitely been hot here too and the oppressive humidity has just about killed Gracie, my dog! Lol! I love pretty much anything lemon so those squares look delicious -- what recipe did you use? Hope you're staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a recipe from the Food Network. We have a subscription to the magazine and I found it in an older issue. The humidity is so awful today. Thank goodness for air conditioning!!

      Delete
  4. Oh gosh yes to resting when it is hot and humid.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...