Thursday, August 29, 2024

I Like Thursday #249


 I thought I'd start on a Christmas table runner. There's a pattern for sale on Facebook that inspired me. It's called Candy Cane Twist. I'm not going to buy the pattern but I made this block. I made Half Square Triangles using the 4-at-a-time method.  This block measures 12.5" square so all my HST measure 3.5". There's a nifty little chart online depending on the size you want to make. It's easy and no waste at all. This block is made of 16 HST triangles. Each table runner is made up of 3 blocks. This is a nice easy project.

I took my mother to Macy's to buy shoes for my son's wedding. She bought these by INC. They were 30% off. The heel isn't too high and they're a little wide. Perfect for my mom! And so pretty!!


I had to piece the backing to my baby quilt. The pattern is a little large so I tried my best to line up the puzzle pieces as best as I could. I think you can see the seam line down the middle. It's not perfect but close enough! I don't think anyone would really notice where the seam line is located.


Can it really be Labor Day already??? I feel July was so hot but August has been cooler than I had expected. We did have hot and humid days but just not as bad as July. Anyways, is Fall really around the corner? I hope everyone has a great weekend with great weather as well!!

I'm linking up with  LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color. You'll find lots of great blogs to visit!


5 comments:

  1. That block, in those fabrics, will make a nice Christmas runner. Your mom selected pretty shoes for the wedding. I don't think the seam in the backing is noticeable. It blends like a puzzle. Can't believe how quickly the summer passed and here we are with holidays fast approaching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I feel the summer always flies by while the winter lasts forever!! I can't even think about the holidays yet. My son gets married in less than 2 months! Too much to do!!!

      Delete
  2. Interesting block. You did a great job piecing that block! Labor Day - that's crazy. (and speaking of crazy - you picked a good time to retire! I've thought of your a few times the last few weeks. Whew!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, I'm so glad I'm out of Steward! They had some very weird policies that I tried to ask about and got shut down by my boss. I felt I couldn't even ask questions. They ruined some nice places. I was there over 21 years and I didn't even get a thank you.

      Delete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...