Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Binding and a Quilt Top


 It seems to be getting hot out there today. I spent part of my morning sewing the binding onto Oopsie Daisie. It didn't really take that long but I seemed to keep putting it off. One more item I can check of my to-do list! My binding is 2" wide. I didn't have enough purple fabric left to make it any wider. I usually make mine binding 2 1/4" wide but this one looks good to me.


The baby quilt top is done! It measures about 46" X 61". I've always had a hard time keeping those vertical sashing strips nice and straight. I used my purple air soluble pen to mark little set in squares. When I sewed the next row on, I made sure the strips were centered onto that penned in square. Voila, they're straight! I'm so glad that worked. It was a simple solution to a problem that used to really bug me.


I bought this nice backing for the baby quilt. I couldn't resist this playful pattern! I love the4 colors too! I'm taking it easy the rest of the day. That's it for me!!

Stay cool!!



5 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks fabulous--great job aligning those sashing strips--I have a hard time with those, too!! [What kind of pen did you use? ]
    that little jigsaw backing is just so adorable;)))
    Hotter here too and more humid...s i g h ...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used that purple air soluble pen from Dritz. JoAnn's carries it. I've made other quilts and that sashing is so crooked! I like it better straight. I heard tomorrow is going to be hotter than today. Ugh!!

      Delete
  2. Sashing strips are always a challenge for me, too. Thanks for sharing the tip. I like the backing fabric for the baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured sashing always comes out straight when using corner squares so I decided to just pen them in. The backing I chose reminded me of small children so I got it!!

      Delete
  3. A delightful backing for the baby quilt, fun for the little one, they love bright colours as the months go along.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...