Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Baby Quilt


 I had some leftover layer cake blocks so I decided to make a baby quilt. My kids have a few friends who are expecting. I didn't have enough blocks so I cut some solids in similar colors and added them to the mix. I've made this pattern before. I couldn't find my pattern so I'm using my memory to make it. I think it's coming out okay.

I sewed 9 blocks together. I needed a total of 27 blocks total to get through this step. I needed 3 sets of 9-patches. I was short 6 blocks so I added 2 solids per 9-patch.

I cut halfway in each direction. I would end up with 12 blocks. I chose a size and trimmed each block down. Then, I added a thin sashing between the blocks. My next step is to add sashing between the rows as well as a border. That's it!! Nice and quick! It will measure about  46" X 61". I think that's a nice size for a baby quilt. It can still be used as the baby grows. 

4 comments:

  1. I really like the addition of those solids with your layer cake squares in this one...[I also like to make MSQ's zig zag squares with my leftover layer cakes--makes big blocks...and goes fast]
    ...nice work on this one hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! It's simple and quick but looks good. Perfect combination!

      Delete
  2. Perfect use for leftover layer cake. Those are some pretty fabrics and will make a lovely baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! It's a nice pattern to use and always looks good.

      Delete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...