Tuesday, August 6, 2024

80's Night at Fenway Park


 I had such a fun time last night. We went to a concert at Fenway Park in Boston. They were all 80's bands that included the Steve Miller Band, Journey and Def Leppard. I had bought these tickets in the spring as a fun way to celebrate our 40th anniversary. We ate dinner first at a Japanese restaurant right around the corner from Fenway. I had a Tokyo Tea which was delicious and refreshing. It was hot and humid and I was nervous about storms but the weather turned out to be fine! Both kids joined us with their significant others. They bought our dinner and paid for parking.

This was my view as we started looking for our seats. We were on the turf to the right of the stage. It was already packed at 5:30.


We could see the stage from our seats but these screens made it so much easier to see what was going on! This is Steve Miller. He looks pretty good for 80 years old! My pictures didn't come out as good as it got darker. The concert ended around 10:30.


We got home a little before midnight. It was a late night for me. I have a ton of sewing to do but I only managed to sit on the couch and do some cross stitching. There are 4 segments to this house gingerbread Christmas ornament. I have one segment completed but just started the second one. It was nice to rest and cross stitch today. It's also cooler and raining. Not a bad day after such a fun night!



3 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a fun way to celebrate your 40th anniversary, Rosemary..;))
    Looks like you had great seats...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the best time! I would love to go to another show next summer.

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh! How did I miss this post?!?! The concert sounds like a lot of fun. I had no idea Steve Miller is still performing. Good for him. Your cross stitch is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...