Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Two Small Finishes


 I finished the Halloween wall hanging for my future daughter-in-law. I just quilted straight lines in the borders using my regular sewing machine. It measures about 9" square. I added 2" binding and it's done! Her birthday is next month so I'm glad I got it done.


I made this 4" pin cushion using leftover triangles from my table runner. I love making these small items. It's a nice change from the large quilts I usually make. These pin cushions make great gifts!

The weather is just gorgeous! It's not humid anymore. The temperatures are in the high 70's, low 80's. I'll be sitting outside this afternoon for sure!


6 comments:

  1. I just think that little mousie witch is adorable--lovely piece--i think she'll love it;)))
    Nice and cool here too, we were able to sit out for morning
    coffee and later on at 4...so nice not to have that darned humidity...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think she'll like it. She loves anything Halloween. I'm so glad it's cooler. I can't take that humidity. I just end up staying inside. It's so much nicer now!!

      Delete
    2. These are two cuties!! Your pin cushion is a delight but such small hst's, you were brave to work with such small peices.

      Delete
    3. Thank you! I actually used larger triangles and then cut them down. They were small at that point but it wasn't too bad to work with them.

      Delete
  2. The weather sounds lovely. The halloween wall hanging is adorable. Your future DIL is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...