Thursday, August 15, 2024

I Like Thursday #247



Oopsie Daisie is all done! It measures about 93" square. I used a great pantograph called Knit 1 Purl 2,
You can see the panto better in the close up. This was a fun and easy finish for me. I always feel like I'm cheating when I use a pantograph. Once it's lined up, you just follow the pattern with a laser light. It's easy, fast and looks great!!

The down side to using a pantograph is when your cat decides your quilt on the longarm is a great place to sleep! I always get a sag in the quilt from Molly getting comfy! It's not too difficult to fix but definitely something that has to be done.


 This is a great book I just read. It's about a family of immigrants from China. This family has so many secrets and misunderstandings between them. It's very well written and will have you hooked from the first page.



Our prompt this week asks us how we deal with the world's hot temperatures. My answer is easy. I stay indoors with the air conditioning keeping me cool. I had an easy time getting through menopause but I get hot very easily now. I don't sleep as well at night and the heat seems to get to me more than before menopause. It's not bad but I do tend to stay indoors where I feel more comfortable. I tend to eat lighter too. Some foods just seem too heavy when it's so hot outdoors.

Please link up to LeeAnna to find more fun blogs to read. Have a great weekend and keep cool!!!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely finish. That longarm looks kind of like a hammock. I can see why Molly thought so! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Cats always pick the best spots to sleep!

      Delete
  2. Your quilting is so pretty, Rosemary. I do not have the skill set to long arm but I don't think your using a panto is exactly cheating. You still have to work to get consistent stitching and tension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna. You're right but pantos are so much easier than custom quilting. I got that huge quilt done in 4 days and I could have done it faster. Sometimes, it's just the best way to go.

      Delete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...