Thursday, August 8, 2024

I Like Thursday #246

 


I'm late once again for I Like Thursday. I've had a very busy week. I went to a concert on Monday (see previous post) and I feel as though I've been trying to catch up ever since! My Oopsie Daisie quilt was finally loaded and it's now ready to be quilted. It's about 93" so it took awhile to get done. I think it came out nice and straight.


This is the pantograph I'll be quilting on Oopsie Daisie. It's called Knit 1 Purl 2. I love the loopiness of this pattern. I think it will look nice on the straight seams of the quilt. Each pass will cover about 9 inches of the quilt. I'll probably have to make about 11 passes to complete the quilt. It's so much faster than custom quilting. I practice the pantograph without actually sewing it before I start. I like to feel comfortable with the pattern before I use thread.

I found this picture of a room from the Olympic Village in Paris. Our prompt was whether we would like to stay in Olympic housing and be part of a group of competitors. I would have loved to be part of the group of athletes. I'm sure it's fun to meet people from all over the world. I'm not crazy about this room. It reminds me of my dorm room when I was a freshman. I suppose if I was young again I would think it was fine. The older me would like more space! I'm enjoying watching the Olympics and will certainly miss them when it's over. 

Have a great weekend. We're getting remnants from Debby but I don't think they'll be too bad. It has become cooler and less humid which has been great! Make sure to visit LeeAnna to link up with more I Like Thursday blogs!

5 comments:

  1. I like that pantograph. Looking forward to the weather next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Isn't nice to have cooler temps?? It feels so good!!

      Delete
  2. Ugh! Yes, I agree that that Olympic bedroom is a bit small & kind of boring looking. Sounds like we'll be seeing a quilt finish really soon. That's always great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie! I started quilting today and got 3 rows of the pantograph done. So far, so good!

      Delete
  3. It isn't a very interesting room but it does have the basics. That pantograph is really fun.

    ReplyDelete

Christmas Cross Stitch

 I just finished this cute little cross stitch Christmas ornament. It measures a little under 4" square. I just love it! It's so cu...