Monday, June 10, 2024

Latest Cross Stitch Ornaments


I finished one Christmas ornament over the weekend. I love the use of white floss on a beige background. It definitely looks like snow! I have to find a snowflake button for the area under the house but above the red stitches. I have a silver snowflake but I think the white one would look better in this piece. I have some time before the holidays! Haha!

My son sent me a video of an owl near his house. As soon as I saw this ornament, I knew I had to make it for him! This one uses white floss on a black background. There are actually 2 colors making up the owl in this piece so far. One is white but the other color is a very light grey. I think it makes a little bit of shading and makes the owl look more dimensional. The eyes are made using a 3/4 stitch. I had to look it up before I could do it. I love the effect of the eyes staring out at us! Both ornaments use Aida 14 count fabric. 

These ornaments are so fun to make! They're quick and fun to see the design evolve. They're very addictive!!

8 comments:

  1. Two little treasures! What would the size of little house be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! The house measures about 3/4" X 1/2". The ornament itself measures about 4.5" square. Perfect for the Christmas tree!

      Delete
  2. Your little house in the snow is so darling!! And that owl will be cherished i am sure--nice works...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your cross stitch projects but I love the owl most of all! It's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! These little ornaments are so fun to make.

      Delete
  4. Very nice stitching! The owl ornament is perfect for your son.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #252

It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up to more blogs. My husband has decorated the...