Saturday, October 19, 2019

Borders and Binding


I have attached 2 of the borders to Long Time Gone. I'm so happy with it. I know it's busy but that's what I wanted. I think it's a great way to frame this quilt.

No photo description available.

This border is very stretchy. After trimming off the points, I sewed the edges about 1/8" from the edge. I'm hoping this makes the edges a little more stable. The edges still feel stretchy but it's a little better. 

No photo description available.

I have this left over from the last border. I'm just going to keep adding strips to make my next border. No need to start all over again. I read this hint from Bonnie Hunter. She has the best ideas!

No photo description available.

I'm sewing down the binding on the Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt. 

Image may contain: cat and indoor

As you can see, Lily and Molly like this quilt too! They like to sit on it as I hand sew the binding. They always look comfortable wherever they decide to sit!

We had no power here on Thursday due to the Nor'Easter. Two transformers blew during the storm. I'm so glad the wind is gone and we're back to normal. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary, just catching up with posts today (love your photos on your "I Like day" The border to this quilt is looking fabulous and love the quilt you are binding now! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michele! You leave the nicest comments!

      Delete
  2. Just love this braided border...just a perfect frame for your beautiful quilt hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I'm glad I chose this border. I love using up those scraps!

      Delete
  3. Oh I just love your long time gone quilt and your farmer's wife.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both quilts are gorgeous. Molly and Lilly have great taste ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! Those 2 kitties are always in the middle of everything!

      Delete
  5. Oh - those stretchy edges! What works for me is before trimming the points to draw that 1/8 inch stitching line in pencil and then sew. And... not to use my walking foot, as well as a longer stitch, which seems to tighten/ease in that line of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. correction : ...as well as USING a longer stitch...

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...