Thursday, October 31, 2019

I Like Thursday #24

Image may contain: indoor

Happy Halloween and welcome to I Like Thursday! Our trick or treating got postponed to Saturday night due to bad weather. It's a nice way to extend Halloween! I guess I'll keep my decorations up for a few more days. This wall hanging is the first thing I quilted on my longarm. I just quilted an allover meander. I was scared to use it but sort of made myself quilt this. I think it came out all right for a beginner. Anyways, I hang it up every year.

Image may contain: dessert and food

We had a little celebratory dinner this past Sunday. My son is a banker and he passed all his exams to become a licensed banker. We're so happy and proud! He had to pass 5 exams. It was a lot of work and he passed them all first try. Of course, cake was part of the dinner. It tasted so good!!

Image may contain: food and indoor

Speaking of celebrations, we had a party at work in honor of Pharmacy Week. We had a pot luck day where everyone contributed to breakfast, lunch and dinner. I brought the healthy Veggie Tray. I think the desserts were better received! I tried!!

No photo description available.

I went to Barnes & Noble yesterday and bought this magazine. There are some great patterns in it. I guess it's a reprint from 2014. I don't buy as many magazines as I used to but I thought this one was too good to pass up.

That's my week of likes! Go visit Lee Anna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and positive posts! 

10 comments:

  1. Cute Halloween quilt!
    those apple cider doughnuts look great...
    congrats on your son's passing those exams--big deal!;)))
    My grandson is working on his Auditor's exams while in college..he has passed 3 has quite a few more to pass..
    Our Halloween is going forward tonight--so far no trick or treaters...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julierose. My son is so happy to be done. It took 3 months and he was so tired! He's still catching up on his sleep. We had trick or treat last night. We went through 8 bags of candy. So many kids!

      Delete
  2. Well at least your veggies added some color on that table. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way of looking at it! Least sugar too!!

      Delete
  3. Before I forget I'll tell you I use one of those plastic picnic tablecloths that have a flannel backing as a design wall. It works like a charm to hold fabric. And economical too!
    Fabulous wall hanging and your meander is great. Congrats to the son and his achievement. I love family celebrating like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try that flannel backed tablecloth. The designing wall I have is frustrating! Thanks so much, Jocelyn! We're so proud of him!

      Delete
  4. I love your halloween quilt! I like panels for holiday wall hangings because they are only hung for a short time as we celebrate. Speaking of celebrations, congrats to your son! That is no easy feat and well done! Your pharmacy snack table made me giggle :) Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! The holiday panels are fun and great for learning new quilt motifs. People in my department ate all day long! We had so much food!

      Delete
  5. Wow I missed you last week. Cute Halloween quilt and awesome job Ben. LOL your potluck veggie tray made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I'm always late posting so it's easy to miss!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...