Monday, October 14, 2019

Scrappy Braided Border

Image may contain: indoor

I decided to make a scrappy braided border for Long Time Gone. I have 2 borders cut and am in the process of sewing them together. This is just one side that still has to be cut to size. I put the border next to the quilt top just to get an idea of what it will look like. I think this will make a great border for this quilt!

No photo description available.

It's pretty easy to sew together once you get it started. You just have to line up the edges and sew. I just finger press after each piece is added.

No photo description available.

Just a close up!

No photo description available.

It looks so long! I'm going to cut to size and then just keep adding to the braid until it's the proper size for the next side. I'll have to stop at some point and cut more pieces. This is using up some fabric stash which is also nice!

16 comments:

  1. I love how that border looks--really perfect...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scrappy braided border is awesome and will fabulous on that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous border! This is such a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanne! It was a great way to use up those scraps!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea for the border! Looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemary! I feel bad because I never remember to come back for your Thursday likes. So, I'm going to comment on this post so you know I tried. This border looks fabulous on the quilt top. Just the perfect thing, and it really looks like it is braided. It pulls all the colors out of the center without highlighting any special one. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I didn't get to post my usual Thursday Like post this week. We had that awful storm and lost power for most of the day. Internet service wasn't very good either. I'm so glad you like my border! I'm hoping to post my Thursday Likes next week.

      Delete
  6. Oh a perfect border for this quilt. Lovin it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! So many little pieces. It looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I really enjoyed working on this quilt!

      Delete
  8. Oh so happy to see that braided border up close. It is just gorgeous with those pretty prints. And of course your precision in sewing. I can't imagine how wonky this would get in my hands. Happy Stitching, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! It's not that difficult! You'd be fine!

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...