Thursday, October 3, 2019

I Like Thursday #21

Image may contain: indoor

Another Thursday and another happy post! I just finished this little doily. I knit it on double pointed knitting needles, size 2. It still has to be blocked and starched. It measures 8 inches across. They make great gifts.

Image may contain: coffee cup

I love using this delicate bone china cup. I bought it at the Downton Abbey Exhibit in Boston. It has a little picture of the three  Crawley sisters. They look very fashionable even on my cup! This cup reminds me of a fun day!

No photo description available.

I can't wait to make this quilt! It's the Star Storm Quilt pattern from Victoria Findlay Wolfe. It measures 80" X 80". I just love it! I love all her patterns but am starting with this pattern. She has a great website full of all sorts of quilt inspiration.

Image may contain: cat and indoor

It sure is starting to get cold outside. We haven't put the heat on yet but I do love using this little electric heater. It heats the family room. We only keep it on when we're in the room watching television. As you can see, Lily loves sleeping close to it!

These are my likes for the week. I've had a busy week working. I treasure my days at home when I can do what I love. Go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more happy and positive posts.Stay warm!!

16 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fun cup! And an adorable doily. I've been thinking about the space heater, too! Your kitty looks comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That heater gets moved around the house! It works great. Lily always sits in the best places!

      Delete
  2. Your doily is so pretty! I love the mug, too - have you gone to see the movie? Looks like a beautiful quilt pattern, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! I haven't seen the movie yet but would love to see it soon!

      Delete
  3. I looked at your doily up close...lovely knitting. I think your Downton Abby mug is so special. I have a heater too that moves with me this time of year. But we will need the heat on any day now. And your quilt pattern is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I just put the heat on yesterday. It just got too cold to bear!

      Delete
  4. Pretty doily. I have one of those fake fireplace heaters and turned it on the other day. Can't wait to see the quilt you are going to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I did end up turning the heat on. I couldn't take the cold mornings anymore.

      Delete
  5. Hubs meds means our heat went on. Grrrr
    Its that time of year. Love your doily and all your likes. That Lily is a smart cookie hee hee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I put the heat on too! It was too cold in the morning. I have to be at work for 6 and it was tough getting up! Lily is smart! (And fresh!!)

      Delete
  6. I'm so impressed with your doily!!! Love the mug and hope you have a wonderful week! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking that it's about time to pull out our heater, since it's getting cold here too. I love VFW quilts and hope to make one someday. I'd love to take a class from her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take a class with her too! I've met her before when she was vending at MQX a few years ago. My heat is on! I couldn't take the cold anymore.

      Delete
  8. that is a striking pattern... I like VFW's wedding rings
    I had drinks with her once at a meet up in Houston... she is striking in person too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to take a class from her! I just love her work.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...