Thursday, October 10, 2019

I Like Thursday #22

Image may contain: sky, cloud, tree, twilight, outdoor and nature

It's Thursday and time for some positive posts. This was the sunset 2 nights ago. It's so pretty! Such beautiful colors! This was taken from my deck.

Image may contain: sky, tree, cloud, outdoor and nature

This is a picture of my neighborhood. You can see how all the trees are changing color. Actually, a few trees look like they've lost some of their leaves already. We were supposed to have a Nor'Easter today but it stayed well south of my area. Fine with me!

Image may contain: plant and outdoor

My husband decorated our house for Fall. The scarecrow is a little goofy but cute!

Image may contain: text

I couldn't resist this book! I like to have nice open areas so I can quilt it to death! This book has some great ideas on combining piecing with free space. I'd like to try designing some of the ideas floating around in my head. I'm hoping this book helps me out.

That's it for this week. I hope you make your way over to LeeAnna's blog, Not Afraid of Color, for more happy posts.

14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful views of the sunset and fall leaves in your neighborhood! Isn't it fun to decorate for fall? I bet you'll get a lot of good information out of your new book. And your Long Time Gone quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful sky! Ooh - I look forward to see whatever quilts you come up with! It's amazing what people quilt in empty space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right about empty quilt space. I want to learn to do that! I'll share once I get quilting!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful inspiration all around, certainly colourwise. And now your new book. Hopefully it will help you get going with your designing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I'll let you know about the book once I get to reading it!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous sunset. We only have a tree or two that are changing so far, but lots of leaves falling. Oh your mum is gorgeous. Looks like a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your sunset photo! I'm sorry you are expecting a NorEaster :( That book looks interesting, let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! We never got the NorEaster which was a good thing! I have yet to read that book! I've been so busy!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful skies...and really cute scarecrow with those mums...
    days are definitely shortening..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Fall lasts awhile. I'm not looking forward to snow or ice yet!!

      Delete
  7. Red sky at night sailors delight. Beautiful sunset. Our trees are turning too. Pretty time of the year

    ReplyDelete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...