Monday, October 28, 2019

Disco Layout

Image may contain: indoor

I'm trying to set up my Disco quilt so I can sew it together soon. I usually live with the design for a little while. I will move a few blocks around but it looks pretty good to me. I'm trying to separate same fabrics from each other but it's almost impossible to keep similar colors too far away. The last row was a little difficult! All the colors seemed the same but I ended up moving blocks around.

Image may contain: indoor

This is the design wall while working on the quilt. 

No photo description available.

This is the design wall I'm using. It's sort of frustrating to put the whole thing together. You put one piece together and another one will pop out! I just put some of it together and lean it against the wall. I just might tack up a piece of batting on the wall and leave it up as a permanent design wall. So much less annoying!


8 comments:

  1. Oh I am sorry your design wall isn't working. I just got the pink board that is 2 inches thick and tacked flannel from my previous design wall attempt. I suggested to someone recently that you can use a flannel backed table cloth too, at least that is what I heard. Your quilt looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I've got to try something else since this design wall is so difficult. Thanks for the advice!

      Delete
  2. Your quilt sure went together fast! It is really pretty..
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I've been working on it while getting my border ready for Long Time Gone.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful colors. Love it. You do such good work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary! Your Disco quilt is so pretty. I like to do that, too - put a design up and then each time I walk past, maybe swap a few blocks around. It's impossible to get all fabrics separated. One other thing I do is take a picture of it - you'd be surprised the things you see in a photo that you don't notice. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I've swapped a few blocks the last few days. It's so hard to get everything perfectly spaced.

      Delete

More Ruler Work and FMQ

 I missed I Like Thursday this past week. I went shopping for my Mother of the Groom dress. It was the second time I went to a bridal shop t...