Sunday, October 6, 2019

Long Time Gone is Done!

Image may contain: indoor

I had a rare Saturday off and got to finish Long Time Gone! I was so happy to put all the panels together. I decided to add a little border to the finished top. I thought it would be nice to separate the body of the quilt with the border. The quilt top measure 62" X 63".

No photo description available.

This is the quilt top without the added 1 1/2 inch border. I like it better with the border. It looks a little more finished. I started cutting my fabric to make the border. It will take a little longer but I think it will add a lot to the quilt. Jen Kingwell's version just has random lengths of 2 1/2" strips as the border. I want something a little more complex. I hope it works!!

13 comments:

  1. I, too, like the way your small border frames the beautiful quilt. It will be fun to see what you do for the complex border. Congratulations on your lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Can't wait to see what border treatment you have in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look you have created. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply gorgeous, Rosemary!! i love it--the little borders work so well between the part....what a beautiful work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure your border will be beautiful. It is gorgeous even as is.great job

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...