Thursday, June 11, 2020

I Like Thursday #55


It's Thursday, time for a happy post! My mother wanted to go to Joann's yesterday. I was a little hesitant but I didn't want her to go alone. I'm happy I went. It was so nice to get out of the house and not just to go to work or the grocery store. I bought this cute little welcome mat for my back door. It was 70% off! You can't beat that deal!


I also bought this book. I've had my eye out for it but never saw it since all quilt shows have been cancelled. It was also on sale. I did have a coupon for 40% off one regular priced item. I ended up using it on a package of sharps. Not much of a discount! Joann's had a plastic sheet between the customer and cashier. It wasn't very crowded. I didn't feel like I took a huge risk. My mom had fun looking at  the wreaths and florals.


I broke down and bought a new Nook. I opted for the Samsung tablet. It's very similar to an iPad. I use the Libby app to read library books. My old Nook was so old (6 years) that it couldn't support the app anymore. I've got it all set up and I love it! 


This guy has been hanging around my neighborhood for the last week. I'm wondering if he got lost. The turkeys around here are usually in a group. I hope he finds his friends! He sort of looks lonely out there!

Those are my likes for the week! Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more positive and uplifting posts. We need them more than ever right now!

18 comments:

  1. the turkey is just social distancing. Thanks for the info on how Joannes is handling distance. So you felt safe... I don't feel safe anywhere... the nook cover is pretty, did it feel good to have a new one or hard to learn a new system?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right about that turkey! I made sure to wash my hands but other than that it was fine. Everyone was required to wear masks. It took me a little while to customize my new Nook but it's very much like the older version. This was is sleeker and faster!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosemary! That is one CUTE welcome mat. And 70% off?!! They almost paid you to buy it! I haven't been in Joann's since March but it does sound rather nice to just browse around their aisles for a bit. Take care! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseanne, it was so nice to walk into a store! It's been so long! It wasn't as bad as I had expected. I'm not sure if I'm ready for the mall yet!

      Delete
  3. Love that welcome mat! How cheerful! How nice to have an upgrade for your e-reading! Something not to be without these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally, I've become so dependent on that Nook! I'd be lost without it!

      Delete
  4. Sisterhood of Scraps looks interesting, I have seen it displayed somewhere before, might have been Instagram, how many patterns in there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maureen! There are 12 patterns in the book. Each quilt was designed by a different person.

      Delete
  5. Great welcome mat. I hate when I have to upgrade my electronics, but I love my Kindles. Looks like a great book. Poor turkey, but I know our turkeys get aggressive at certain times so they are separated. One lives with the chickens, the other lives with the ducks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I keep away from those turkeys. They're not too friendly! My Nook is all set up. I'm really enjoying it!

      Delete
  6. What a pretty welcome mat! Love your treasures and your photos! That turkey does look lonely! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! It was nice to actually go shopping!

      Delete
  7. Hi just getting out and looking at quilty things would be a treat. We are still in isolation until July. Our turkey, Tilly, seems to always be alone too and we wonder why that is as turkeys are definitely group birds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen that turkey for a few days now. Hopefully, he found his family!

      Delete
  8. What a treat to browse with Mom. Glad you felt safe. You scored too! Let me know how you like the book. I was eyeing it on sale at connecting threads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and only buy books on sale. I have a ton of them but I love being able to sit and go through each book. Joann's wasn't as scary as I had expected.

      Delete
  9. Your welcome mat is so cute and joyful how can a visitor not smile before knocking on your door. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...