Thursday, June 18, 2020

I Like Thursday #56


Well, it's been another strange week but I found a few likes that I can share. I just finished another cone of Aurifil thread that I use on the longarm. My longarm loves it and so do I! It's 50 weight thread. I like the way it lays on my quilts. It's over 6000 yards and lasts me a long time. It's a bit pricey to buy but economical in the end. 


I got a nice cover for my new Nook. Barnes & Noble was out of stock for these covers so I bought it from Amazon. My Nook fits great in it and it's so easy to hold while I'm reading. 


Here's a fun picture for you! I finally went to the hairdresser! It had been almost 5 months from my last cut and color. In this picture, I'm under the dryer while my base color, foils and hot oil treatment process. My hair was so dry that I opted for the hot oil. It really makes a difference.


I made another paleo quiche but I added little plum tomatoes this time. I just love seeing the colors. I also bought Applewood bacon. I had never tried it before. It was so good! There are no additives or preservatives. You can taste the difference!

I hope you enjoyed my likes for the week. The weather was so nice this week. It's just starting to really heat up and get humid. I'll be working the next few days so that's fine by me! Please go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more fun and uplifting posts! Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Cute picture of you! It did feel good to finally get a haircut - it had been about that long for me, too. Your paleo quiche looks yummy! Can you share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Diann! I felt as though I lost weight after getting my hair cut! Here's the link for the quiche https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-broccoli-quiche-bacon/. I skip the crust and add tomatoes to the top.

      Delete
  2. The Great Looks Salon in our store was packed with people inside and out today. My last haircut was in 2017.....your quiche looks awesome. I am envious that your quilter likes Aurifil, mine isn't too thrilled with it, but it loves Glide, just not many colors to choose from. Maybe I just need to play with the tension more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some Glide thread but I've yet to try it. I hate fooling around with the tension. It's such a pain! My salon was pretty quiet. They can only have a certain amount of clients and hairdressers at the same time. I got done faster than usual!

      Delete
  3. Your quiche looks great! I finally made on this week, too. Love the photo of you at the hairdresser. Those big spools of thread are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I always buy those spools of thread at quilt shows. I'll have to mail order soon.

      Delete
  4. Love that little patriotic applique hanging too, btw.
    Also love that photo of you getting beautified! Perhaps a photo of the results sometime, :)
    Great looking quiche too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jocelyn! I will change my profile picture soon so you can see the new me!

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosemary! I haven't made it in to get my hair cut and colored yet. It is so grown out now and quite shaggy. It's crossed my mind to just let it be gray . . . but I don't know if I can stand that. Time will tell - the next hair cut will definitely cut off all the color. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseanne, it felt so good to have my hair done. I've also thought of going gray but I just can't do it! I like the color and highlights. I feel I don't look quite as old!

      Delete
  6. That quiche looks pretty fine. I skip the crust on mine. Love the reality photo- a woman’s gotta do......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Mary! I felt so much better after my hair was cut and colored!!

      Delete
  7. Lol love your picture under the dryer.i was a hairdresser in my younger years. You brought back fun memories like giving my now husband a perm. Wish i had blackmail pictures of the process ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Dawn! I'm so glad I got my hair done. I really needed it!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...