Thursday, June 25, 2020

I Like Thursday #57


If it's Thursday, it's time for a happy post! Since this past Sunday was Father's Day, I made my white cake that my family loves! It was also my husband's birthday the week before. We had a cookout and gave him a lot of gifts! It was a fun day although it was hot and humid. My husband had a great day!


Our little vegetable plants are doing well! We have 2 tomato and 2 peppers. I didn't see any tomatoes yet but there are flowers sprouting. My mom already has a few tomatoes that are pretty good size. I figure it's still early in the season.


I bought this cute little thimble holder from Annie's Catalog. It's just to hold supplies. I think I'll put it near my sewing machine. I'll keep my seam ripper, glasses, small scissors, etc in there. I couldn't resist!


The main reason I ordered from Annie's Catalog was to buy this t-shirt stabilizer. I'm working on a t-shirt quilt for someone. It will be discussed further in another post. I wasn't going to try and quilt it without stabilizing each block. I was trying to buy some from Joann's but it was never available. I tried online as well as in store. I had to buy this or keep putting off getting this done. I hope it works well! It had good reviews.

That's my happy post for the week! Please go visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color for more uplifting and fun posts to read!

14 comments:

  1. that colorful thimble holder is adorable as is the cake. So good I want to cut a big piece right now! Never tried the stabalizer... did it work?
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have saved you a piece of cake, LeeAnna! I still have to try the stabilizer. I'll let you know!

      Delete
  2. Your cake looks yummy. I have that thimble. I love containers. I just used iron on pellon for knits when I made a T shirt quilt. Urgh, well I am technically still working on a T-shirt quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to start that t-shirt quilt soon. It's going to take me awhile to prepare it. Not looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. I like your lineup of veggies. Look about the same size as mine. Love the colors on the thimble holder. Ooh - a Tshirt quilt. I will be very curious how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I've been reading up on t-shirt quilts. I think the prep work will take the longest. The actual quilting shouldn't be too bad. I hope!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilting Rosemary in that last post.
    Your tomato plants are taller than mine. I’ve not heard of a thimble holder but yours sure is pretty. Good luck with working with tshirt material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! I'm doing my research so I can finish the t-shirt quilt correctly. More work than I expected!

      Delete
  5. What a pretty thimble holder! I love growing vegies and yours look very healthy! How the heck did you decorate that cake so beautifully? It's GORGEOUS! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Michele! My daughter did the decorating on the cake. I should have given her credit! She has more patience than me!

      Delete
  6. Hi Rosemary! That stabilizer looks perfect for the job. It looks just like the stuff from Joann's by June Tailor. I just finished a t-shirt quilt and can say you wouldn't want to make one without the stabilizer. Oh boy, it would stretch like crazy. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseanne, I'm so glad to hear you've already made a t-shirt quilt. I just may ask you for advice while I quilt this top. I'm going to start applying the stabilizer this week. The quilt is huge!

      Delete
  7. Your hubs is lucky to have such a yummy looking cake. The thimble is a cool addition and we will all be waiting on your stabilizer critique. I need to make a tee shirt quilt. Too scared...lol your plants look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'll let you know how the t-shirt quilt goes. There's quite a bit of prep work. I hope it works out well!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...