Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Some Piecing and Quilting


I've had to work the last few days. I was so happy to be home today. I got up early and went to the grocery store. When I got home, I started working on 2 more Pineapple Blocks. My completed 10 blocks are in this picture.


Here the two I started today. I'll finished them tomorrow. I love using up these scraps. I have scraps tucked away in a few areas so I try to use the different sets of scraps so the quilt will be made with a wider variety of fabrics. 


I finished quilting this particular set of blocks in Long Time Gone. I wasn't really sure what to do. I tried to make a little design using quilting. I like how it's coming along! Little by little, I'm making some progress!

I'm still staying home even though some businesses have opened. One place I will be going is the beauty salon! I'm looking forward to seeing my hairdresser! My hair needs a cut, color and highlights. It's been too long. I'll be taking precautions and so will my hairdresser. I think it's worth the risk!

6 comments:

  1. I love how your pineapples are coming together..so pretty!
    I have been staying home, too except for grocery shopping.
    <y hair is down to my shoulder blades now--it hasn't been this long since I was a little girl...Still not ready to go to the hairdresser though...Stay safe Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose. I wish I didn't have to go to the hairdresser but I have no choice. My hair looks worse every day and I have to work with a bunch of young people. Ugh!

      Delete
  2. Great pineapples. Your long time gone is looking nice too. I have a day off. I am heading to the garden center, and feed store. Hopefully I can find some tomato plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I have to buy some tomato plants too. I leave them on my deck. So nice to have!

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy seeing pineapple blocks appear in posts. Wha size are your beautiful ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maureen! My blocks are 10 inches square. It's a great way to use that stash!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...