Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Trudging Along


I'm diligently working on my Pineapple Blocks. I have 14 completed and 2 more partially done. I plan on making 64 blocks total so the quilt will measure 80" X 80". I'm really enjoying this. The scraps are being used although there isn't even a little dent in my scrap bag.


I'm close to halfway through quilting Long Time Gone. It's taking awhile! I'm just taking my time and stitching along. This one is going to take awhile!

Quilting and sewing is wonderful therapy with everything going on around us. It really calms me to sew and figure out what quilting motif to use next. It's a nice escape. 

4 comments:

  1. It certainly is lucky that we have our sewing and quilting to anchor us in these times of upheaval and worry....Your pineapples are looking really lovely...hang in there--seems like a long time, doesn't it?
    Stay safe Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does! Everything seems better but I feel as though I can't relax yet.

      Delete
  2. Its too bad that instead of coming together our country seems more divided. Everyone needs to just be kind and respectful of others.quilting is a great escape. May God bless us in these crazy times

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Dawn! I feel a bit helpless but will vote in November and hope things improve.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...