Tuesday, October 6, 2020

A Stack of Blocks




I'm too lazy to lay out all my blocks. I'm just showing you a nice picture of 64 blocks! They measure 10.5 inches square. I'm getting quite sick of making them but I only have 17 (only?!) left!! At the rate I'm sewing, I should be done in about a month. I suppose I can do it! My work schedule keeps my from making them any faster. I will be quite happy when they're all done!


I started working on these blocks last week. I might make a Christmas gift out of them so I can't say what they're going to become. These blocks measure 6 inches square. They're actually quite small! I like them so far. I just might end up keeping them!

Hope you're all having a good week. I'm almost ready to start quilting my second t-shirt quilt. I'm almost done backing each block with fusible stabilizer. I just bought the backing and I love it! I'll post pictures next post!

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about making a lot of blocks...it does get tiring...
    The little star blocks are so pretty...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! I guess it's worth it in the end. It's just a pain while you're making them!

      Delete
  2. I can relate to working so much, just getting a wee bit done a day, sometimes not even anything done for a few days. You are doing awesome,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! I rarely sew the days I work. I have to get up so early that by the time I get home, I have no energy left!

      Delete
  3. Your pineapple quilt is gonna be beautiful. That is why i am always doing a million projects at once. I get bored easily. If i work on something else when i come back to it i have fresh eyes. Those 6 inch blocks are adorable.work always gets in the way of fun doesnt it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I like having a few projects to work on at the same time. My problem is that I get overwhelmed sometime and end up doing nothing! Work always screws up everything!

      Delete
  4. Yes, 6 inch is smallish though lovely. I've just cottoned on to that...so my latest blocks are 10 inch so hopefully it will move it along faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 10 inch blocks are better too! My 6 inch blocks are only for a small project. If I had to make them for a quilt, it would take too long!!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...