Thursday, October 8, 2020

I Like Thursday #72


Welcome to I Love Thursday! A group of bloggers post positive and uplifting blogs that can be viewed at LeeAnna's blog,  Not Afraid of Color. We had an awful wind and rain storm yesterday. The storm wasn't quite over but you could see the clearing skies were on the way. It was amazing to see how the weather can change so quickly. I love the reflection off my house too.

I try to follow the Paleo diet but I'm not always successful. I found a recipe for Paleo Stuffed Eggplant. It was so good! My whole family enjoyed it and I'm not sure they even realized it was Paleo. I'll definitely make it again.

Speaking of diets, I don't eat dairy at all although I do miss cheese and other food. I found this dairy free cream cheese. I was so surprised about how good it is! By the way, I did have dairy last week and I was sick for the day. Not pleasant at all!!

I couldn't resist this book when I went to my local quilt shop. I'm not sure I'll make the large quilt but I would love to make a table runner or even small wall hangings for Halloween. Such cute blocks!!

Every time Thursday rolls around, I wonder if I can find anything positive to post. This year has been so strange. I'll have to say that thanks to this group, I do find the good stuff out there. It's a little harder to find, but it's there! See you next time!


18 comments:

  1. i couldnt resist that book either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary! Oh, that sunset photo is just gorgeous. We all have to put on our Likes glasses each week. There's oodles of good things out there - sometimes we just have a hunt a little harder. That book does look cute! I can't wait to see what you decide to make from it. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I've been hoping that things improve for us but I think it's going to take awhile. Let's hope the winter won't be too bad.

      Delete
  3. It was quite the storm! And amazing how quickly it blew through (we got to see a tiny bit of a rainbow). The eggplant looks good. Looks like a fun book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! Some trees caused a lot of damage in my area but my neighborhood was spared.

      Delete
  4. What a fun book! And what a stormy sky...looks pretty with the colors though. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so glad that storm is over. It was a little scary!

      Delete
  5. I have that book. Someday I may actually do a quilt from it. Love the after the storm picture. Isn't it funny, reading all of these blogs, it seems we all struggled this week finding something to say we liked. I wonder if a whole country can have PTSD?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking a table runner would be quicker! I love the Halloween blocks. I think we all have issues from the pandemic. It's going to take awhile to get over it.

      Delete
  6. Saw that quilt at my LQS just a few days ago; I settled on a similar pattern called Hocus Pocus (they had that quilt up too) but I'm still thinking of the Witches Night Out one. I didn't even know there was a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Halloween quilts are so fun! It's a little late for this year but I'm hoping I have something done for next year!

      Delete
  7. I too have witches night out. Have made some small pumpkins. So fun. Your sunset shot is beautuful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'm hoping to make a cute table runner soon. Probably after Halloween!

      Delete
  8. Love your photo of the sun breaking through! Enjoyed your post this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you made it through the storm. That quilt book looks inspiring. My local Sprouts carries non dairy cheeses and yogurt but it’s so expensive. I’m glad you found some there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! Any food that uses substitutes instead of the norm are all so expensive! I buy a few items but not a lot. It's not really worth it.

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...