Thursday, October 22, 2020

I Like Thursday #74


 It's Thursday so it's time for postive and uplifting posts. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color where you'll find more happy posts by other bloggers. I'm happy to say that I voted yesterday. It was a very quick process. There was no line. Everyone was socially distanced. It's a good feeling to know I've done my civic duty!


We added a new Halloween decoration to our lawn this year. We bought these Styrofoam headstones. They actually look good where we placed them. Every time I see them from the corner of my eye, I think it's an animal come to visit us. Then, I remember it's just the headstones!


I finished the second t-shirt quilt. This one was quite the challenge! It came out so much better than I expected. I'm just starting to cut the binding. I'll be so happy when Angel has her two t-shirt quilts back in her possession. The longest part of getting these quilts ready was backing them with fusible interfacing. It was a step I couldn't skip and I think that's why the quilts came out so well.


If you like mysteries, don't miss this book! I always enjoy book selections from Reese's Bookclub but this one was great. The first half was a little slow but the second half was wonderful!

That's my week. I've had a quiet week just working and mostly staying home. Covid numbers are increasing in Massachusetts. It's making me a little nervous so I've been staying home when I can. I hope you all have a great weekend! Stay safe and stay healthy.

12 comments:

  1. Huzzah for voting! We dropped ours in the box, and according to website, it's been picked up! Love the headstones! That Tshirt quilt looks impressive. Happy binding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! I feel as though I got a lot done this week!

      Delete
  2. Good job on that T-Quilt!! I feel your pain with all of the fusible to be applied to those shirts. I'm supposed to be starting my next one soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good luck with your t-shirt quilt.They're time consuming but so nice when they're done!

      Delete
  3. You did such a wonderful job on the T-shirt quilts!! I know they will be appreciated! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great t-shirt quilt. LOL your headstones. Keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemary! Thank you for voting! I actually have a 32-year-old nephew that isn't going to vote. I am so disappointed in him, as I recall being thrilled to cast my first vote in a Presidential election in 1976. I asked him why and he said because it keeps him on the jury duty list. Umm. Yeah! Another civic duty. Your t-shirt quilt looks fabulous to me!! That step of the fusible webbing is a LOT of work but it's so worth the effort for a great result. Good job! I can't wait to see it all finished and in Angel's arms with a big smile. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Roseanne! I always feel good after I vote. It's so worth it! The t-shirt quilt took awhile but I do like the result. Angel can't wait to get them both back.

      Delete
  6. P.S. Thanks for the book recommendation. I put it on my library Hold list! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #228

Welcome to I Like Thursday! A bunch of us bloggers like to write happy and uplifting posts on a weekly basis. Please visit  LeeAnna  to link...