Thursday, October 15, 2020

I Like Thursday #73

 


It's Thursday so it's time to share happy and uplifting posts! You can visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to read more fun posts. My daughter had a birthday this past weekend. We bought a sugar-free and dairy free birthday cake. It looks so nice but did taste a little different. I felt it was a little bland without the added sugar. Also, I think the frosting was made with Crisco since they couldn't use butter or cream. I think I prefer a regular birthday cake with sugar and butter! I bet the calorie content was just as high or higher than a usual cake. It was fun to try and my daughter liked it!


My daughter and her boyfriend decided to carve pumpkins a few days ago. This one is my daughter's. I know it's an owl. I'm wondering if it's from Harry Potter. They printed out stencils and applied them to the pumpkins. This is so nice to do this time of year. It's on our front porch. I hope it lasts long enough to put a candle in it Halloween night. 


We got a new planter for our mums. We placed in in front of our garage, between the garage doors. It looks really nice there. I'm sure we'll use it for many more years. 


I'm thrilled to say I'm already half done quilting the second t-shirt quilt. This one is a true challenge. It's not square at all. The top is more narrow than the bottom. I'm going to have to trim some of these blocks. I just want it to come out good enough so I can bind it and send it back to it's owner. 

That's my good stuff this week! Have a wonderful weekend!!


18 comments:

  1. My granddaughter cannot have dairy or gluten,so birthday cakes are a change. I found a good gluten free brownie recipe on line (there are lots). I made homemade chocolate frosting using vegan margarine and top it with Raspberry sorbet. Just have to read the label on the sorbet...cause she’s allergic to coconut too! But it’s a keeper.
    It’s great you found a good paleo recipe that everyone likes! It’s a win-win,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so difficult to make everyone happy these days! There are too many diets to follow.

      Delete
  2. What great pumpkin carving! The cake looks pretty! The Tshirt quilt progress looks great. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! We had a nice and busy week for a change!

      Delete
  3. that cake is cute!!! and the pumpkin, it's not easy to carve a pumpkin... I did it with a class I taught (middle school ) and not again!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I haven't carved a pumpkin since grade school! I do remember thinking it was a pain.

      Delete
  4. Good stuff indeed! Love your daughter's pumpkin! Thanks for making the day better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the quilts that aren't quite square... They really give a longarmer a run for her money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post; I think it was a challenge to make a dairy, sugar free cake. I try hard to cut down on sugar and the product just doesn't taste the same...maybe our taste buds have been programmed somehow. LOL I need new planters like yours. We looked into replacing our apple baskets that are decades old and the price is now prohibitive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! We had a fun week, for a change!!

      Delete
  7. Hi Rosemary! Oh, that birthday cake looks yummy. All the fresh fruit on top really sparks it up. Your planter outside the garage sure looks nice. I didn't get any Fall plants this year and I'm missing them. Happy Friday to you. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cake looks yummy and the pumpkin is cute. Sometimes a little coat of vaseline helps a pumpkin last longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dawn! I'll have to remember that vaseline trick!

      Delete
  9. The birthday cake looks yummy. My youngest daughter had a birthday this week too! Very cute pumpkin. My daughter and the kids love Halloween. Neat planter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! The birthday was fun this week. It's nice to have a little excitement!

      Delete

Alaska Quilt Top

 I just finished sewing the last row onto my Alaska quilt top. I really love this quilt! It measures 49.5" square. The pattern is so pr...