Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Second T-shirt Quilt


I'm in the process of getting a t-shirt quilt ready to quilt on the longarm. I bought this backing a few weeks ago. It's actually more blue than this picture shows. It's a fun geometric print. I have the backing all pieced. I just have to iron the seams open. I hope to load it tomorrow. 

This is the back of the t-shirt quilt. I finally finished ironing on the fusible interfacing. That seemed to take a long time! I'm so glad it's done. It's already on the longarm. I just have to load the backing and batting. I hope to be quilting it in the next day or so. These 2 t-shirt quilts have been so labor intensive. I'll be so glad to get them back to their owner!



 

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a whole lot of ironing and work to get this together...great graphic backing...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I've already started quilting it. I'm so glad to be finally making progress on this one!

      Delete
  2. Do you find that you get a better result from loading the top on the quilt top roller than when you simply "float" the top?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually sew across the quilt top but pin the bottom to the roller. I think it's classified as partially floating the quilt top. I've never had a problem before. This quilt is just made very poorly.

      Delete
  3. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. https://popsmokemerch.net/pop-smoke-vlone-the-woo-hoodie/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.. https://unspeakableofficial.com/

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...