Thursday, October 1, 2020

I Like Thursday #71

 

It's Thursday so it's time for a fun and happy post. Please visit LeeAnna at Not Afraid of Color to check out some more uplifting posts. We all know that 2020 has not been the best year. However, I bought this planner at the end of 2019 and found I'm much more organized. I keep track of my projects, work, books, etc. It's fun to look back and see when I was working on various quilts. I'll be getting a new one for next year. Let's hope 2021 is better!

This isn't the best picture but it's my lamppost. My husband puts orange lights on it every October. The tradition continues! Halloween is such a fun holiday to decorate your home. I'm starting to get my ghosts and witches out a little bit at a time!


This sign makes us all laugh at work. We're wondering if we have to wear a mask when we're home too! How about when we're sleeping?? I guess it's hospital humor! Anything to make you laugh is good!!

I just finished this book this morning. It was so good! Do you remember that old movie, Imitation of Life? It's not exactly the same but some elements appear in the book. It's a great read.

That's my week of likes! I hope you all have a great weekend. The temperatures are nice and cool here. No humidity but not cool enough for the heat. My favorite!



14 comments:

  1. I love orange lights in October! And that hospital sign is hilarious! Good to have something to laugh about, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange lights - excellent. Fall decorations are so much fun. 24/7 masks would be great for weight loss, too! lol I like the cover of your journal. Funny - one of the other ILT crowd was talking about theirs, too. It's good to be organized. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! I think you get more done if you're a little more organized. At least, that works for me!

      Delete
  3. Those 9 patch blocks are so tiny...I can't imagine sewing them except by hand. And those new blocks look very interesting. I have a journal too...several and I seem to be all over the place with them; jottings here and there. That's great that you found it so helpful. How fun that you both get into the Halloween decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! I decorate more indoors while my husband decorates outside! It seems to work out!!

      Delete
  4. Love the lights! I was contemplating investing in some fairy lights. Love your planner. I was laughing at a meme that I saw that asked if they could get a refund for their 2020 planner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colette! The planner is nice but the year, not so much!!

      Delete
  5. We couldnt have planned 2020 if we wanted to. I make lists in notebooks instead of planners. It is fun to go back. One year to he positive i listed everything i finished by month.even if a small project it was an accomplishment and kept me from negativity and thinking i was a slug.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez, Dawn, you could never be a slug! You get so much done! It's nice to look back and see what you've made.

      Delete
  6. Hi Rosemary! I just LOVE the cover of your journal. That reminds me that I like to get my boss something like this for her birthday. Your lightpost looks so welcoming. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne! I like to decorate for Halloween. I bought that journal on a whim and now I just love using it.

      Delete
  7. of course they mean 24/7 there at the hospital... and Id like to see people wearing masks at all... it's my husband and I around here. Notebook is pretty. Love orange lights so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! I hope you enjoyed some hospital humor!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #231

 Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit  LeeAnna  to link up with more fun bloggers. I've been diligently working on my son's wedd...