Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Carrie Hall Sampler Quilt Top


I finished all my blocks for Carrie Hall's Sampler quilt and couldn't wait to make the quilt top! I'm so glad I stuck with this. Parts of this quilt went so slowly but I just kept on going. I'm happy with the results. It measures 65" X 75".


The pattern has directions for a pieced border made up of 2" squares. I'm not crazy about that border.  I bought this blue fabric and hope to come up with an idea to finish off this quilt. I was thinking of making 9 patches in each corner and making a border of the blue fabric as well as one of the light fabrics used in the quilt. I'm still deciding!

6 comments:

  1. Caught up now on your posts, Rosemary. Are those books banned at your library or were they just starting a conversation about it? Here the Ottawa Library board has made a statement that they will not be banning any books which I was happy to hear. What a cute Halloween House for the kittie. And a 25 inch block is large. SO happy you got your blocks finished and together perfectly. It all looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! No, our library isn't banning any books. It's just for awareness. It amazes me that books that I consider classics could ever be banned due to their content. So glad you like my blocks!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on this beautiful finish, Rosemary. I think the blue fabric is going to look great in whatever border your decide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jeanna! I have an idea so I have to see if I have enough fabric.

      Delete
  3. Lovely finish on your Carrie sampler--just beautiful blocks...and color choices you've made;))) good job!! ;))))Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...