Thursday, October 12, 2023

I Like Thursday #208


It's time for a happy post! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up with more bloggers that take part in Thursday posts. I have finished the last block for the Carrie Hall Sampler Quilt. This is Rose of Sharon that measures 25" square. I can't believe I'm done! I'm working on putting the quilt top together. I'm making a little strip to even another block and then I'll be able to put the whole quilt together! I've bought the batting but need to decide on borders and backing. 

We've all heard about banned books. I saw this display at the library and thought I'd share it. I can't believe books like "To Kill a Mockingbird" as well as "Anne Frank's Diary" are among the banned books. I always consider them classics. I read them when I was younger and still enjoy them. I will never understand! I think our job is to keep reading them! I know that's what I'll be doing. 


I finished another block for the State Fair quilt. This one is called Benton County. It measures 12.5" square. The points were a bit challenging but it's done! I'm on to the next block! I'm not even halfway through. I feel like I've been working on this quilt for ages! This is going to be one big quilt.


We put out the cat's Halloween house. Lily seemed to enjoy sitting in it. I think it's so funny that the cats know this is for them to play in! They've been really biting this one. Maybe that's a sign they like it!!

That's been my week! Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your sampler quilt together. Those blocks are gorgeous. The kitty Halloween house made me smile. I didn't know they even made such a thing but it looks like your cats are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! My kids find all sorts of weird cat toys! I'm always amazed how much the cats enjoy them. So funny!

      Delete
  2. Cool looking quilt blocks. Lily looks quite satisfied with that house!

    ReplyDelete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...