Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Cross Stitch Ornaments

The Halloween Witch ornament is all done and just in time for Halloween! I had finished the cross stitch awhile ago but wasn't sure about finishing it. I read the directions a few times and finally figured it out. I used a glue gun which is definitely not my thing but it worked out. They had a foam piece with a sticky side that I put on the back of the cross stitch. Then, I had to baste the edges and gather the whole piece. I used the glue to stick it into the metal fluted pan. Done!!

I started this ornament over the weekend. That elf is so cute! This one will be faster I think. There isn't as much cross stitching in the background. I still have a few more ornaments I'd like to make. I hope I have enough time. That's the hard part!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh now, i just love your little witch ornament--so cute, rosemary--really neat finish you made, too. Nice work... Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's so fun to rediscover cross stitching. I'm enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. The witch ornament turned out great, Rosemary. Round finishes are hard for me! The little elf is going to make an adorable ornament.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! Mine ornament isn't completely round but I thought it was okay!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...