Monday, October 2, 2023

Kossuth County & Sneak Peek!


I made another block over the weekend. We were having problems with our hot water heater which was old and needed to be replaced. While the plumbers were here, I snuck into my sewing room and kept out of the way! Kossuth County is the 9th block of the State Fair Sampler quilt. It measures 16.5" square. This block reminds me of tiles. It came out good but lots of points to match up! Happy this one is done.

 

This is the last block of Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. It measures 20" square. I started by getting the bias strips appliqued. I'm still working on the large flower and have leaves as well as 2 buds that are ready for applique. I'm taking my time with this last block. I can't believe this quilt top is almost finished!

6 comments:

  1. State fair blocks do look like tiles;)) so pretty, Rosemary;)))
    Carrie Hall: those stems are so skinny!! Yikes!! Such a pretty darkish red color on the flower, too...nice work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm using my fabric stash as much as possible. So nice to be able to use up that fabric.

      Delete
  2. The Kossuth County block sort of reminds me of the primrose blocks in one of Lori Holt's quilts. It is pretty in those colors. I can't wait to see the applique' quilt blocks come together. How exciting to be this close to a finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! It's always nice to finish up a big project. I love Lori Holt's patterns. I just bought a few cards of her cross stitch. I didn't even know she had cross stitch projects.

      Delete
  3. 20 inch is a large square, Rosemary. Love these colours of yours and your applique is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! That flower that' I'm appliqueing is quite large. It's taking a while to finish it. So glad you like my fabrics mostly found in my stash!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...