Thursday, October 5, 2023

I Like Thursday #207


 It's time for our Thursday likes. LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color is our weekly hostess. Please visit her to view more happy posts. Our front door is all set for Fall. Too bad the weather isn't cooperating. It's supposed to be close to 80 today. I think we got as high as 83 yesterday. The cool weather is on it's way. I'll believe it when I see it. (Or feel it!) It's even humid today! I'm having a bad hair day.

I've been working on Oopsie Daisie, the leaders and enders block from Bonnie Hunter. I have 26 blocks made. I like how they look all together. This is such a great way of using those pesky leftover fabrics. It's a pretty pattern and I think all fabrics will look good together so you just can't go wrong!


I just had to take this picture yesterday. I was over at my mom's house and the sky was just breath taking! That blue is my absolute favorite. You can't get better than what Mother Nature gives us! 


I finished these a while back and forgot to post them. My daughter gave me the yarn for Christmas. I'm all set for Winter now! This yarn was so soft and easy to knit. I got the hat pattern on Ravelry and the mitten pattern from one of Laine's knitting books. 

Have a wonderful long weekend! I hope the weather cooperates for you wherever you are.


12 comments:

  1. Your front door is an interesting blue too, Rosemary, cobalt maybe. Skies are amazing in all the seasons it seems. Anyway, beautiful quilt on the go and how neat to have knit useful items...I wish I could do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jocelyn! You can tell I like blue! Those knitted items aren't too difficult. I could have you knitting if you lived near me!

      Delete
  2. here comes some cool weather, then hot again. We just had a nice day in the 60's but starting this weekend, back to near 80 I'm afraid. We had a month of 85 or more too. I sure like your fall door decorations. It really ought to be cooler but this is apparently the new normal.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! The weather is so strange this year. It's actually a little scary.

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosemary! Your front door looks quite fetching. Our Fall weather arrives tonight with lows in the 30s and 40s. I'm not sure I'm ready for that . . . frost warnings and all. Oh, that blue sky! God does great work. Your mittens and hat will keep you nice and warm soon enough! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're getting rain for most of the weekend followed by cooler temperatures. It's been a weird year for weather. I hope we go back to normal!

      Delete
  4. Your fall decorations are lovely, Rosemary. We are supposed to get down into the thirties for lows this weekend, with highs in the fifties. Those mittens and hat are so pretty, as is your oopsie daisie quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! It's cold here today. The air is dry which is nice but it's very windy!

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful entrance to your home. I have a bit of trouble with a wreath fitting between the door and the glad storm door. I like the pumpkins on the steps! I put Oopsie Daisie aside, I wasn’t sure I like using that ruler. I need to prep some pieces so I have them ready to go again. You have inspired me , I like yours a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Judy! I didn't realize there was a ruler we were supposed to be using. I've been doing fine without it! I only make 2 Oopsie Daisies per week. I have too much other stuff to work on!!

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...