Monday, October 30, 2023

A Couple of Finishes


I finished my border for Carrie Hall's Sampler Quilt. The directions suggested a border made of 2" blocks. I didn't have enough different solid fabrics to make a border. I had bought a dark blue fabric that I thought would look nice. I had enough left over of one background fabric so I decided to make a border using 3 strips of 2" each. There were variations of 9 patches in the quilt so I thought a traditional 9 patch in each corner would fit in. The quilt now measures approximately 74" X 84".


I ordered this wide backing for the applique quilt. I liked the idea of ivy since there are so many leaves and stems in the blocks. I bought this at Keepsake Quilting which is where I usually buy my backings. They have a huge variety and the prices are usually pretty good. 


I finished another Christmas ornament! It's so cute! I can't say who I made it for but I hope they like it! I still have to choose my next ornament. I have to make a few more and shouldn't delay much longer. I just need to decide!



8 comments:

  1. Your Carrie Hall sampler quilt is just delightful;))) I like the border you chose--sets all those blocks off beautifully--nice work;)))
    That ornament is so adorable--who wouldn't like it:)))
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julierose! I hope you had a nice Halloween!!

      Delete
  2. Lovely finish, Rosemary and I do like the way you handled the borders. Also lovely backing and Keepsakes Quilting is also a favourite of mine. And your Christmas cross stitch is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jocelyn! Keepsake Quilting was within driving distance for me when it was an actual store in New Hampshire. I'm glad we can still order from the catalog.

      Delete
  3. I like the border treatment just as you have it, sets of the detailed quilt centre beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that! I'm never very sure if it will look good but I end up going ahead just to get it finished. You made me feel better!!

      Delete
  4. I've been stopping by but if I use safari I can't leave comments. Today I gave up and used chrome (giving google more info)
    Sweet stitchings!!! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the nice comment and going the extra mile! Blogger can be odd sometimes.

      Delete

Alaska + Border

I was a little nervous about this border. I wanted it to look like Edyta Sitar's border but there were no instructions. I'm happy to...