Tuesday, November 21, 2023

24 Seams


 I'm so happy to say I have finished making all the blocks for my son's wedding quilt, State Fair Sampler Quilt. Some of these blocks were very difficult. I probably won't forget this one. It's called Cedar County and measures 8.5" square. It was paper pieced. The problem is there are 24 seams that meet in the middle of the block. My block isn't perfect but I felt it was close enough! It looks pretty good to me. I'll start sewing the blocks together after Thanksgiving. 

We found a great painter over the summer to paint the interior of our house. They started this past Monday. This is my family room. They'll probably be here for a few more weeks. I think I'll be doing quite a bit of online shopping for Christmas this year! They just finished our family room and it looks great! I can't wait for them to work on the rest of the house. It's long overdue. 

4 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh--24 seam crossings!! You are a brave one!! It does look just fabulous--nice work...hug for a wonderful Thanksgiving...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. We're hosting too. I've warned everyone that some rooms will have ladders and paint in them!!

      Delete
  2. okay I'm now coming in thru chrome, apparently the only way blogger will let me leave comments... II was here thanksgiving... love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...