Saturday, November 25, 2023

Panel and Cross Stitch

I had planned to post on Thanksgiving Day but cooking and company got in the way! I haven't been sewing too much around the holiday so I tried to make some progress today. I did manage to sew together the first section of the State Fair Sampler Quilt. This section measures approximately 69" X 48.5".  It's a bit slow sewing these sections together. There are seams to line up as well as points to try to keep intact! I love the look of this. So far, so good!


I started the last counted cross stitch ornament. This one is for me! It's called Festive Ball and it looks like a round Christmas ornament. I hope to work on it over the weekend. The painters have been here everyday including this morning. I find it difficult to get anything done with work people in the house. I'm trying to go about my own business but it's not easy! I get called away quite often. My family room is done and most of the first floor is finished. We still have a ways to go but the painted rooms look so much nicer. It's definitely worth the discomfort!


 

4 comments:

  1. Your 1st panel is looking great!! You did a super job with those points!
    I know what you mean about crafting while there are workmen in the house--you'll be so glad when it is all freshly painted...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julierose! It was so nice to have no painting going on all day today. They worked a half day yesterday. I'll be glad when it's done but it's definitely a disruption to my day!

      Delete
  2. Loving this first section Rosemary, beautiful colour choices.

    ReplyDelete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...