Thursday, November 30, 2023

I Like Thursday #213


Welcome to I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color to link up to more happy posts. It's been a quiet week for me. My house is still being painted so I'm sort of stuck here. I've done a good amount of online shopping so I'm doing fine with my Christmas list. I like staying home but hate that I can't leave when I feel like it. Anyways, my mother received these gorgeous flowers from my brother for her birthday. They're too pretty to not share!

My mother's 84th birthday was one week before Thanksgiving so we had a cake and party for her on the holiday. I don't think she expected it! It was fun to surprise her. She loved all her gifts. I made her a chocolate cake using a recipe from Ina Garten. It was so rich!  

My cats get along okay but they're not the best of friends. I think this is the closest I've ever seen them sleep near each other. It was a Thanksgiving miracle! They did eat some turkey so maybe the tryptophan got to them!

Due to being home, I'm making great progress on my last cross stitch ornament. This pattern is considered intermediate and I'm doing okay with it. Once this one is done, I'll have to make all 5 of them into real ornaments. I've read a few tutorials and think I know what to do.

That's my week! I think the painters will be here another week. We decided to have our kitchen cabinets painted so that will take longer than we expected. We might as well get it done now and get it over with.

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. You will be glad to have the painters finished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't wait for them to finish! I feel like the house isn't mine anymore.

      Delete
  2. Love the flowers. Happy birthday to your Mom - sounds like a lovely time. Yay for chocolate cake. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mom who truly does not look her age! Ina's chocolate cake is famous. I've made it a couple of times and it was great. Yes, There are lots of great videos to help you turn your stitchings into ornaments. All Lovely, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! What a great way to celebrate and surprise her. Is there any better chocolate cake than a rich, decadent one??? I'd love a slice and she looks like she enjoyed the attention. Your kitties cracked me up. There is no way my Polly would warm up to another cat in our house. She is pretty good at ignoring my daughter's cats when they visit though. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother was very surprised which was a big part of the fun! Aren't cats so funny?? There are times my two cats play together but other times just hiss at each other! Hope you're having a good weekend!

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...