Thursday, November 9, 2023

I Like Thursday #211

It's that time of the week! It's time for a happy post. LeeAnna over at Not Afraid of Color hosts a bunch of us bloggers each week to post uplifting content. I will start with my latest block for the State Fair Sampler. This is block 21 that is called Scott County. This one was paper pieced and very quick to make. It measures 12.5" square. I have decided to make all the blocks for this quilt before I start machine quilting my applique quilt. I just don't have the time to do both at the same time.


One reason I don't have the time is because we're having the interior of our house painted. It's been awhile and each room needs it a nice fresh coat! I have too many decisions to make. Do I keep the colors the same or should I change them?? The painter is dropping off the charts tomorrow. He'll get samples of 5 colors that are all close and paint them on the wall, wait for them to dry, and then let us decide what we like best. This painter sounds so nice. So glad we found him. 

Since it's Fall, I've been craving pumpkin. I decided to make this pumpkin walnut bundt cake. It came out so good! I just made a quick confectioners sugar icing for the top. I'll have to decide what to make next! I can't believe it's Thanksgiving in 2 short weeks. Where does the time go??

For those of you readers, I started this book and cannot put it down. It reminds me of the old gothic mysteries. It follows 3 different women in 3 different time zones. I think they're all related but can't say for sure. I'm really enjoying this and thought I'd pass it along.

We had a little wintry mix this morning. It was a little sleet mixed with rain. We all know that winter will be here soon. Today was that reminder! Have a great weekend!!


10 comments:

  1. So many beautiful colours to choose from! I hope the painting goes well! You will enjoy having a freshened up house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool looking block - I like the angles. That cake looks delicious. Good luck with the painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sally! The painters will be here for at least 2 weeks. Ugh!!

      Delete
  3. Good luck choosing your pain colours! Delicious looking cake Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Maureen! There are just so many choices when it comes to room colors. This might take awhile!

      Delete
  4. Another beautiful block and such a delicious looking cake. I'm going to look up Emelia Hart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gotta go look for that book, cut me a big slice of cake, wondering how that block would look with others like it...what pattern would it create
    L.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, that would be one neat pattern! That book was so good! I loved it.

      Delete

I Like Thursday #232

 It's time for I Like Thursday! Please visit LeeAnna over at  Not Afraid of Color  to link up with more bloggers. I'm making steady ...