Thursday, September 5, 2024

I Like Thursday #250

It's time for I Like Thursday. A bunch of us bloggers post happy and fun content once a week. Please visit LeeAnna to link up to more blogs. I started a new table runner. I finished one last week but the blocks were a little different. The blocks are exactly the same but this block has the snowman fabric as the focal point. Last week's table runner had the red batik more prominent. I thought it would be fun to swap the colors. These blocks measure 12.5" square and are easy to whip up using 4 at a time half square triangles. I love quick projects!

The student I tutor just returned from a vacation to Switzerland. She brought me this nice box of chocolates. I've already sampled a few! So good! She and her family are from South Korea. They travel every chance they get! It was so nice of her to think of me.


I've noticed these little yellow birds hanging around my house all summer. I think they're yellow finches but my husband calls them parakeets. There's always a bunch of them around my house. This is the first year I've seen so many of them so frequently. They must like my yard!

Our prompt this week asks what calming exercises we use to relieve stress. I walk a lot! I walk at least 5 miles per day. I use my FitBit and keep track of my steps. There are certain situations that make me nervous and that's when I take deep breaths and count. I'm not as stressed as when I worked. I think I feel better now that I'm retired. It's still nice to have techniques handy for those times you need them.

Have a great weekend! The weather has been great lately. I just hope it keeps up.



  

6 comments:

  1. Goldfinches! They're so pretty. Mmm.. Lindt chocolate is so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen so many yellow birds before! They love hanging around the birdbath. I've seen them fly back and forth to the tree and then back to the birdbath. So funny to watch!!

      Delete
  2. I love the block with the swapped fabric. Of course, snowman is one of my favorites. That was really nice of your student to bring you a box of chocolates...yum. I agree with PaintedThread, those do look like goldfinches. We get them here in the spring and early summer but haven't seen any recently. I also use walking as a stress relief. Just being outdoors in general is good for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanna! I love snowmen too! I have to make myself sit outside more. I stay indoors when the humidity is really bad. I should enjoy the nice dry air while I can.

      Delete
  3. That's a great block for a table runner -- lots of movement to it. Yummy chocolates. That was very nice for them to bring you back a box to share Switzerland with you. Our weather is nice for the weekend but will heat up next week again. That's what I love about Fall! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Susie! It's actually cold this morning! It's a nice change but it's too early!

      Delete

Baby Quilt

I just finished the quilting on this baby quilt. It was such a pleasure to quilt this. It was mostly free motion quilting loops with a littl...