Monday, September 30, 2024

Quilting Pumpkin Trio

 


I finished my Pumpkin Trio table runner over the weekend. The borders were a little tricky. The directions called to trim the strip of rectangles on both ends to fit the runner. I decided to just fool around with the seam allowance so they would fit. I wasn't off by very much. I like that each rectangle is the same size and not just chopped off in the corners.

I don't really have a quilting plan in mind since this isn't a very large project. I decided to bisect each rectangle and make my lines with arcs on either side. They're highly visible on some fabrics and so hard to see on other fabrics but I like the look where you can see it.


I quilted arcs again in the middle of this 9 patch. The 4 colorful sides were quilted with wish bones.


I quilted a leaf in each of the pieced leaves. This one was pretty easy to figure out. I'm still not sure what to do with the background. I could quilt a simple meander or little loops. I'm still working it out. I'll probably save the background for last. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Quilting Pumpkin Trio

  I finished my Pumpkin Trio table runner over the weekend. The borders were a little tricky. The directions called to trim the strip of rec...