The night before the nor'easter landed in Massachusetts, everything looked orange outside. I took a few pictures of the sky. It was so colorful! It looked like the apocalypse was coming soon but it just ended up being a lot of rain and wind. The rain is tapering off but is not expected to stop until some time overnight.
I didn't do any quilting or sewing over the weekend. I was afraid the power would go out and screw up my machines. I finished quilting one of the Girlie Ghosts on Friday and had the second one all ready for quilting whenever the storm was over.
I started a new scrap quilt this morning. I had cut a bunch of strips months ago but I never got around to working on it. It's a pattern by Victoria Findlay Wolfe called Lavender Walls. She used a lot of darker purples but I'm using anything in my stash. This is about 1/4 of the whole strip. I'll need 8 strips to make the size I want which is about 84" X 80". I'm using partial seams so it will be interesting to sew the strips together. It's a fun way to use up that pesky stash!
I'm hoping the sun comes out soon. I miss it!




I've been thinking about you during this storm. I hope everything is ok! The ghosts are so cute, Rosemary. And your new project looks very interesting.
ReplyDeleteIt wasn't too bad but it seemed never ending! I'm actually seeing some blue sky this morning! Finally!
DeleteLovely sky photos, Rosemary;)))
ReplyDeleteI have made what I found to be called a "Bunkhouse" quilt like the one you are starting for my first Grandson when he graduated to a "Big Boy" bed;))) Ahhh so long ago now--he's 27 and off working in Boston on his own...time sure flies away fast...
--it is a fun make--just a bit scarey trimming off the points at the ends of rows...I kept my rows long and vertical for his top...I wonder where it is now?????
Hugs, Julierose
I'm glad you've already made this quilt. I'll know where I can get advice if I'm having trouble with the pattern! Aren't you so glad this storm is over?? I just hope we see the sun soon!
DeleteGorgeous photos, Rosemary!!! The ghosts are really cute. And I love your talent as well as your taste in fabrics and patterns!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Linda! I love your positive comments. They always make me feel good!
Delete